Occupy Faith

Occupy Faith
Click thru to site

LECTIONARY

LECTIONARY
Click thru to site

Monday, March 24, 2014

Morning Prayer: The Way, The Truth and The Life

Back in 2007, I posted the words of a Morning Prayer of my own devising. I thought it time to bring it once more to the forefront on this Monday of Week 3 of Lent, 2014.  ~~~~~


 
Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:5,6

MORNING PRAYER
Lord Jesus Christ
You are The Way, The Truth and The Life.


You are The Way.
Guide me.
Plant my feet firmly in your path
That I may not deviate either to left or to right
But follow you closely:
Just an arm's length away that I might touch the hem of your garment:
Within earshot that I might hear your word and your will for my life.


You are The Truth
Teach me, Guide me, Illuminate me.
Teach me to worship you in Spirit.
Teach me to worship you in Truth.
So grace me and discipline me, Lord,
That I may exhibit your Truth and Your Spirit
In my daily walk.


You are The Life
The Life given for me on Calvary
Grant that I might not live
But that you might live in me
Dreaming your dreams through me
Tasting, touching, sensing, the world
Through me.


Come, Lord Jesus, come in glory.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment